[AccessD] Provider not found

Nancy Lytle nancy.lytle at auatac.com
Wed Mar 26 12:31:08 CST 2003

Well I finally got it to work for now, using DAO and  the code at the end of
the message.

Now I have a user table by which I will be able to assign who sees what on
start up, and I will be able to add and move people around as necessary.

Thanks for all your help guys and girls - Now I will start working on
getting it to work using ADO (it was still giving me the missing parameters
when I gave up on it)

Nancy L

CODE:

Public Function StartDB()
Call fcnOSUserName
Dim strSQL As String
Dim db As Database
Dim strGroup As String
Dim intNameCount As Integer
Dim rstGroup As Recordset

strSQL = "SELECT tblUsers.Group FROM tblUsers "
strSQL = strSQL & "WHERE (tblUsers.UserName) = " & "'" & fcnOSUserName & "'"

MsgBox strSQL
Set db = CurrentDB

 On Error Resume Next
Set rstGroup = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
rstGroup.MoveFirst
rstGroup.MoveLast
intNameCount = rstGroup.RecordCount

MsgBox intNameCount

'Get the value for the rstGroup Field "Group"
strGroup = rstGroup.Fields(0).Value

MsgBox strGroup

If strGroup = "A" Then

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAdministration", acNormal, "", "", , acNormal
    DoCmd.Maximize
ElseIf strGroup = "RW" Then

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDataEntry", acNormal, "", "", , acNormal
DoCmd.Maximize
Else
DoCmd.OpenForm "z_RFil5_frmCustom", acNormal, "", "", , acNormal

DoCmd.Maximize

End If 'User name

End Function