[AccessD] A2K: VB Equivalent

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Mar 27 05:37:03 CST 2003

Hello all
I'll explain what I am up to
I found some code to put an icon in the systray written in VB
Nothing too exciting about that, there are heaps of ways to do this.
The code I found looked more promising than other versions and it
was all code driven, no OCX's etc.

It adds an icon to the systray, then calculates its position in
the systray using some code in the originating form's, Form_MouseMove
property.
I have discovered this is fine in VB but only translates to the detail
portion
of an Access form(With or without form Headers/footers).

The VB code uses the constants...
        WM_LBUTTONDOWN
        WM_LBUTTONUP
        WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK
in a case statement and once trapped you can run your code.
I can't see any Access equivalent (Hence the post)
Unfortunately I'm not good enough to trap the normal KeyCodes for
Left Button, Right Button and double click anywhere other than a Procedure
that exposes the KeyCode stuff.
eg something like Private sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As
Integer)

I am sure there is a better way to do it and it has probably been done on
this list.
I just wanted to 'play' with it, without asking for a complete app that does
it.
But I've had enough, I think I'll use an OCX I saw and 'play' with that
instead.

Many thanks to all who responded.

Darren