[AccessD] AXP ADP Report setting Recordsource to Stored Proc andpassing parameters via code

Susan Zeller szeller at cce.umn.edu
Thu Mar 27 09:58:56 CST 2003

Jeff,

The method you are trying will not work although I no longer remember
why exactly.  You need to set the input parameters in the properties
window directly.

The way I do this is:

1.  Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Me.RecordSource = "dbo.p_DM_NC_REG_BY_DATE_TO_EVENT_FY"

2.  In the input parameters box on the properties window:

@MyInputParameter1 = Forms!frmWiz!subcrit!txtParam_FY,
@MyInputParameter2 = Forms!frmWiz!subcrit!txtParam_Desn

where the parmeters get their value from a textbox on the form that
calls the report.  In my case these are hidden textboxes because I take
what the user has chosen and format it as needed so that it passes
correctly to my sproc.

Optional:  In the report, set the control source in the properties
window to teh base table so that when you are building the sproc, you
can see the fields in the field list.  Otherwise, you can set it to the
sproc or leave it blank.

Note, that you can't set the recordsource and input parameters from the
calling form b/c these can only be set when the report is open in design
view.  There is a work around to this where thorugh code you open the
report in design view, assign the sproc and the parameters, save the
report, and close the report.  then in code open the report again. I
found this way too cumbersome so eventually rejected it.

--Susan