[AccessD] OT:Building your business was... Rate for first tim e

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Thu Mar 27 15:41:36 CST 2003

I work for a company that contracts my database development services to
clients.  My rates to develop Access databases range from $65 to $125 per
hour depending on the location of the customer (San Antonio vs DC), location
of the work (customer site vs my office) and complexity of the project.  I
can assure you, I do not get the full amount.  Most of database developers
(Oracle, Access, SQL Server, etc.) are salaried.