[AccessD] OT: VB dll rookie

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Mar 29 04:47:55 CST 2003

Hi Drew

> What exactly are you trying to do?

It is for modifying a third-party app with an exposed API. When the
app launches it looks for add-on custom dlls which can add new or
modified features to the app or adjust the GUI (forms, menus, etc.)

Those add-on dlls are recommended to be built in Visual Studio (which
I neither have) but any environment capable of compiling a dll can be
used: VB, C++, even Delphi. However, for years I haven't programmed in
anything else but Access, I have never done any C/C++, and
Delphi/Pascal is far away - that's why I thought of VB.

/gustav