[AccessD] Updating queries with linked tables

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Mon Mar 31 09:43:12 CST 2003

Roz,

Are you saying you have an Access db (version?) with a local table and a
link to a table in SQL Server (version?) and you are trying to update
both in one update query?  If so, remember that the rules of updating
generally do not allow the updating of the one side of a one-to-many
relationship.  If you do have a one-to-many relationship you need to use
two update queries, one for each side.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency