[AccessD] IIf in query discussion

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Mar 31 14:14:43 CST 2003

MessageYou probably need to give us more details but I tend to agree in
philosophy with the idea that IIF should not be used unless necessary. But
in practice it is sometimes necessary. I have it used it mostly when
querying a pre-existing database which is poorly normalized (hmmm, that
might be an oxy-moron). I use it as a guideline not a rule though, the only
"rule" I tend to have is to never rule out anything.

I think the biggest drawback beyond speed is that its Access specific and
they can be difficult to read. I think "spreadsheet people" love it though.

JB