[AccessD] Event Sink Performance Comparison

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu May 1 10:24:00 CDT 2003

OK you event sinking gurus--JC, Shamil, et al--do any of you have any
performance comparison information on using event sinks as opposed to
using direct calls to public methods of forms and subforms?  This is not
a framework, merely a single form with about 12 subforms, one of which
has a public method.  My instinct is that the differences would be
miniscule with subforms raising a single event to a parent form, which
then calls the public method of one of its subforms, as compared to each
of the other subforms making a direct call into  the subform with the
public method.  Will using this technique slow the form noticeably
because of the overhead of the event sinks?  Can anyone shed some light
on the actual differences?  This is Access 2002 converted from 97 and
using the 2002 file format for the front end and we're only talking
about execution speed, not maintainability or reusability issues.

Charlotte Foust