[AccessD] Desperately Seeking!

Marcus Tewksbury tewksbum at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 09:16:00 CDT 2003

Can Anyone Help Me?

I have built a client server application using .adp front end and SQL
Server back end.  Within the application itself I use unbound forms and
retrieve records using ADO recordsets at run time.  The way I have
initially deployed the application is to copy an instance of the .adp to
each desktop and run it locally.  The problem has been that people keep
overwriting each other's updates - and changes are not reflected fast
enough.

I have a couple of different thoughts on how to tackle this - either
ratchet down the ODBC refresh rate, or run a single, centralized copy of
the .adp (which throws up some non-updateable warning every time it
starts which I don't know how to suppress).  Of course, I acknowledge
that I am a total newbie, and both of these options may be flawed.

Thanks a bunch,

- Sherri