[AccessD] Function for "scrubbing" strings before inserting them into SQL statements?

Michael Tucker mtucker at myrealbox.com
Fri May 2 10:46:48 CDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm sure everybody has faced this situation, but I can't seem to figure out
an elegant solution.  I have a webpage interface to an Access database where
users can enter notes on various things.  Of course the user may enter
apostrophes or quotation marks in these notes, but of course that sends my
SQL statement into a tizzy.  A sample of my SQL statement...

strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblEmployeeMonthlyTask ([TaskDescription]) VALUES "
strSQL = strSQL & "('" & Request.Form("txtTaskDescription") & "')"

Is there a function that will convert my string so that it usable inside of
this SQL statement even if it contains apostrophes and quotes?

Thank you.