[AccessD] Access 97 and virtual DOS

Todd Buttrey todd_5036 at msn.com
Thu May 8 09:18:56 CDT 2003

I have an Access 97 app that I created and distribute with the run-time
version of Access 97.  Everything works just fine (or atleast as designed).
My question is that when the app is launched, two entries appear in the task
manager, ntvdm.exe and wowexec.exe.  This implies that something is trying
to run in the 16-bit world.  I know that Access 97 is 32-bit.  I would like
to remove whatever is trying to run in 16-bit to possibly make the app more
efficient and faster.  Any clues?