[AccessD] Scheduling an mdb to run using AT

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Thu May 8 22:08:27 CDT 2003

Have any of you had much experience with scheduling applications to run (ie. mdb files) using the AT command?

I am trying to get a job to run overnight for a client using the following syntax:

at 14:26 /interactive /Every:M,T,W,Th,F cmd /c D:\Prices\Priceload.bat

where the files Priceload.bat contains the following:

@ECHO OFF
REM Daily Price File Load
TITLE GBST PRICE LOAD

M:
cd \Price
echo ENTER PRICE FOLDER
ntsleep 2 > nul

Call Price.mdb

I then get the message 'M:\Price\Price.mdb file not found'.

Because it is real PITN to keep mucking around with this syntax in DOS, I am also having a play with some shareware(?) the client had called WINAT. It seems good, but when I use it at my client site to edit the paremeters of the AT command, extra characters appear at the end of the command, so I am not sure whether the command will work or not. Characters are things like pipes and @symbols.

So my question for anyone using AT is: do you have any tips to share? What is the most reliable way you have found to schedule an mdb to run?

TIA
Kath

Kath Pelletti
Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.