[AccessD] OT: Network over the phone lines

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sun May 18 23:42:11 CDT 2003

Dear List(s):

Got a new computer to put into a room where we can't reach it with CAT-5.  So I've been ready to go wireless, except someone suggested using the phone lines in the house (just as a substitute wire) instead of wireless.  Apparently, there's a device that will connect the NIC and the phone jack and you can use the phone wires in the house for networking.

Sounds, easy, and cheap, and low tech.  Anyone know about this?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software