[AccessD] Hiding SSN

CYNTHIA SPELL CSPELL at jhuccp.org
Fri May 2 07:05:33 CDT 2003

Thanks to those who responded to me...

Charles, I couldn't get into the website on Access security.  I guess what I need to know is - will that type of security prevent users from seeing the tables (using the shift key, F11?)

Jim, I inherited the database and yes it's (gasp!) the primary key, so encryption won't work.  I'm thinking about biting the bullet and changing the PK to an autonumber.  Any thoughts on that?

David, I'm not letting users into the tables, only forms.  And hidden tables don't really seem to be hidden.

Thanks again.

Cindy

>>> jim.hale at fleetpride.com 05/01/03 05:26PM >>>
I believe I've seen some simple encryption functions (maybe in SmartAccess?)
that can be used to scramble the numbers. that is one way to do it unless
(gasp!) you are using the SS# as the primary key.
Jim Hale