[AccessD] SQL to manipulate indexes

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun May 4 12:37:28 CDT 2003

Hi Susan

>> In both cases I know how many and which fields are present or needed
>> of an index. No big deal.

> ==========You have a generic procedure that handles all situations?  Or, you
> just write functions made to order as you need them?

I write functions for each case as manipulating indexes is a minor
part only; except for building temporary databases you will have to
check several conditions before you adjust an index and afterwards you
may need to run some updating function like adding a new relation.

For generic functions you may look at the Back End Upgrader (BEU)
project but - as far as I understand - this does not handle the
individual check/update of data.

/gustav