[AccessD] Easily copy the latest FE to workstation

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Mon May 5 01:58:25 CDT 2003

We just use this simple batch script:

*@echo off
*if not exist "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data\MyDB_V1.mde" goto
getdb:
goto startdb
:getdb
*md "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data" >nul
*del "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data\MyDB_V*.mde" >nul
*copy l:\master\MyDB_V1.mde "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data" >nul
*:startdb
*"c:\program files\microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" "c:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Data\MyDB_V1.mde"

The database in this example is called MYDB_V1.mde.  When I create a new
version, following conventions, it will be called v1.1 or v2 etc, so we
simply change the name in the script.

The shortcut on all users desktops points to this shortcut.

HTH,
Andrew