[AccessD] OT - Wierd behaviour with DAO and Numbers in Excel

Mark H MarkH at bitgen.co.uk
Tue May 6 03:05:46 CDT 2003

Hi All...

Sorry this is a bit OT but I thought someone may have seen this before.

I am using Office XP and have a table in a spreadsheet that has a column
which contains either a single character or number. If I load the table
into a recordset using DAO etc. any record where there is a number in
that column comes back as null. If I format the cell as text and edit it
then its ok.

Any ideas on how to avoid this sort of behaviour? Or, more
importantly... Anything else like this worth watching out for?

Thanks in advance

Mark

---