[AccessD] Upgrading to Access 2002 from A2K

Mark Whittinghill mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com
Wed May 7 12:50:32 CDT 2003

Hi all,

  Recently my computer died due to power source failure, though I was able
to recover files later.  I was due to upgrade my computer here anyway, so I
now have a new computer with Windows XP, the old one was Windows 2000.  We
have yet to do any work in Access 2002.  Some of our clients use that, but
we just send Access 2000 versions.

  I never used to have problems with Access 2000, though I have read many
posts from people who had.  Now that I have Windows XP,  I am having crashes
all the time, with the "Send Error Report"  dialog box.  Twice in the last
couple weeks I have had things get corrupted so bad that I just had to
restore my file from an earlier version and flush my work for the day down
the toilet.  Based on what I am hearing of Access 2002, I am thinking that I
should just upgrade to that, even though I work in 2000 file format.  Are
there any downsides to doing that?  Thanks for any advice.

Mark Whittinghill
Symphony Information Services
612-333-1311
mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com