[AccessD] New ID/Autonumber value

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Wed May 7 18:26:11 CDT 2003

It is safer as  @@Identity is linked only to the connection (or transaction)
which created the record.

Otherwise you are risking that another user will insert a record in-between
adding and retrieving the ID of the record added by the first user.

I'm not sure if that is a risk using the other methods mentioned on this
list, however I *do* now that with @@Identity there is no risk of this
happening.

Cheers,
Andrew