[AccessD] Scheduling an mdb to run using AT

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Fri May 9 03:46:17 CDT 2003

Hi drew - this is an mdb - the basic process it performs is to log on to an external system, read in some data, manipulate that data and export it out to an external txt file.

I have done it in vba only because I do not know pure vb (and don't own it). There's no requirement to change it as it does the job - just need it automated. They are running Windows NT. You lost me on the NT service OCX. What is that?

Rgds
Kath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Drew Wutka
  To: 'AccessD at databaseadvisors.com '
  Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 5:25 PM
  Subject: RE: [AccessD] Scheduling an mdb to run using AT

  What are you trying to run.  Is it just a data routine, or is it running
  reports?  If it's just a data routine, I personally recommend using the NT
  service OCX, which allows a VB .exe to run as an NT service.  Much easier to
  deal with, shows up in the list of services, the ocx has an easy method to
  dump information in the event viewer, etc.

  Running reports can be done this way too, but it needs to use Automation.

  >From what I understand, VB.Net has the NT Service capability built in.

  Drew