Subjects in Newsletters: was RE: [AccessD] SQL in-line subquery

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri May 9 14:20:20 CDT 2003

Ron,

I have been on this list since about July, 1997.  I have come further,
faster, than would ever be possible without the list.  In fact, truth be
known, I'd be lost without it.  Even as a pretty knowledgeable guy, I still
have questions.  Access is so complex that no one "knows it all".

I remember my first job in Access.  I came from programming, but it wasn't
event driven.  I was sooooo lost.  I sold myself for well under 1/2 my
normal wage because the company was willing to let me read and learn what I
had to learn to do their database.  4 hours reading, 6-8 hours working, 6
days a week (the company's old db was dying a painful death).  This was 1994
and there was no (widely available) internet, in fact not even an Access
Users Group.  I was one of the founding members and board member of the San
Diego Access Users Group and loved having someplace I could go once a month
to talk about Access.  MAN, it was LONELY out there back then.

This group becomes like a family.  Kindly Grandmothers like Susan, demented
cousins like William, snotty nosed nephews like Drew... well you get the
picture.  <ducking REAL low>

Yea, life just wouldn't be the same without AccessD!

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com