[AccessD] Access Normalization

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri May 9 17:04:44 CDT 2003

Personally, I loved version 5 (the last non-MS version), but haven't
been quite so thrilled with 2000 and 2002.  For one thing, they took the
forward engineering out of the Professional version in 2000 and moved it
to Enterprise, although Enterprise was released later and then they
wanted a full upgrade price *again* to move from Professional to
Enterprise.  At that point, I didn't bother.  I still like it for
design, although I've used other tools as well, but without the forward
engineering, you might as well use another less expensive tool.
Enterprise is just too expensive for what the product does for an Access
developer, IMHO.  However, I think it forces you to really think about
your design in ways that rapid development in Access doesn't, and for
that, I like Visio or DeZign.

Charlotte Foust