[AccessD] Downgrading to ODE 2000

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri May 9 17:25:14 CDT 2003

They changed the option, you can only get a downgrade if you have a
minimum 5 unit volume license.
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/downloads/downgrade_rights.doc
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/downloads/downgrade_chart.doc
or search for downgrade
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/volbrief.asp

 That leaves you with 2 options.

1. Buy from a reseller. They usually pick up multiple copies from
governments or bankruptcies (a lot of dot com's out there)
Try places like
http://www.viosoftware.com
 Office 2000 pro around $400 US or developers edition $ 600
Buying off E-Bay may get you lower prices but you may get a CD and
directions to a warez site for a key hack.

2. MS Part #: 534-02125  -  MSDN Universal 7.0 Subscription

The MSDN Universal includes nearly $48,000 worth of software. Developer's
versions of Office 97/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/2000/XP, SQL Server 7.0/2000,
Windows Server, .NET beta/2000, Exchange Server 5.5/2000, BizTalk Server,
Project 2002 and Visio 2002 are included (Plus much more!). You will
receive 12 months of Subscriptions services including monthly and beta
shipments, access to the Subscriber's web site, 4 technical support
incidents,
 Price for Professional edition is around $1100 and with a $300 mail
rebate on DVD purchase.
You may have to download old versions of office from MSDN site as ISO
images and burn to a CD.