[AccessD] Technical test for developers

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed May 14 08:06:34 CDT 2003

Roz,
I'm probably too late for any more input - I work US Central time not GMT
:o)

As per my original comments on db.Execute strSQL
For the most part it just makes for more readable code. By being able to
concatenate strings together in the string variable (as Gustav mentioned) it
is also more flexible. I just consider it more advanced because a more
advanced coder would recognize the issue of having to maintain the code. As
far as speed goes I claim ignorance.

Another comment about the note in the answer key concerning DAO versus ADO.
In light of having SQLServer questions I didn't give much thought as it
would seem to be pertinent to your business but in the case of pure
Access/mdb DAO would be the more efficient method. Just thought you might
want to clarify that for people doing the interviewing.

Maybe someone wants to use the thread as a kicker to get a standard set of
interview questions put together for AccessD? If nothing else it should make
for quite a few lengthy discussions (flame wars) in the coming months :o)

JB