[AccessD] Office Developers Kit

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed May 14 15:13:38 CDT 2003

Are you talking about 2002 or 2003?  There is Office XP Developer, if
that's what you mean.  I don't see very much that is Access-specific in
it except the Packaging Wizard, which gives you the runtime license. The
Code Librarian for XP isn't Access-specific and doesn't even show up as
an add-in, since it is a stand-alone executable app.  The packaging
wizard also includes the SQL Server Data Engine files (gosh, I wish they
would standardize the name of that thing!)

The "Access productivity tools" are Replication Manager and and VSS,
both of which were included in the 2000 ODE, and VSS isn't remotely
Access-specific.  The Software Developer Kits include the HTML Help SDK
and the Smart Tags SDK are not Access-specific and the Workflow
developer tools only apply if you have installed Exchange Server or if
you installed SQL Server on a server.  They don't work on a stand-alone
machine unless you're running a Server OS, and Workflow Services for SQL
Server requires IIS and Front Page Server Extensions.

Charlotte Foust