[AccessD] Office Developers Kit

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed May 14 15:33:05 CDT 2003

Martin,

You get a license to distribute run-time versions of an access application
without royalties.

In addition, you get the tools you need to develop an ADP using SQL Server
without having to buy SQL Server.  MSDE 2000 is part of what you get, along
with Enterprise Manager (EM), and I believe other SQL tools as well.  MSDE
is almost identical to SQL Server except that with more than 5 concurrent
users the performance slows down.  You do get the ability to distribute
copies of MSDE 2000 with your front-end to a client with no royalties.
However, I read that you can distribute EM with MSDE, and I've also read
that you can't.  I have read that EM greatly helps manage a SQL backend.

You also get Workflow Designer for SQL Server, and Workflow Designer for
Exchange 2000 Server, and you get Code Librarian.

You also get a copy of Visual SourceSafe.

You also get MS FrontPage.

AND -- you get the book Microsoft Office XP Developer's Guide!   ;-)

HTH,
Dan Waters