[AccessD] Installation works on XP, not on 2K - References?

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Wed May 21 20:15:10 CDT 2003

David - there was an old problem with date() for Win98 machines - what OS are they using?

Have you tried that with Now() instead?

Kath

----- Original Message -----
  From: David Emerson
  To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com ; ACCESS-L at PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
  Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 11:00 AM
  Subject: [AccessD] Installation works on XP, not on 2K - References?

  Crossposted (because it is urgent :))

  Hello groups.

  I have an installation created by a sagekey script using Wise Installation
  v9.  It is an AXP ade connecting to SQL2K.

  When the program is installed on a machine running Office XP it runs
  fine.  If the computer only has Office 2K then there seems to be a
  reference problem because in fields that use Date() to set defaults it only
  shows #Name.  We tested on a machine that had OXP by downgrading it to O2K
  and the installation suddenly didn't work any more.

  The references that appear in the references box are -
  vbe6.dll, msacc.olb, stdole2.tlb, msado25.tlb, dao360.dll, excel.exe.

  We have tried registering the files using regsvr.exe but this hasn't helped.

  Can anyone please provide any things we can try?

  Regards

  David Emerson
  DALYN Software Ltd
  25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville