[AccessD] Installation works on XP, not on 2K - References?

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Wed May 21 20:25:24 CDT 2003

On 22 May 2003 at 13:00, David Emerson wrote:

> I have an installation created by a sagekey script using Wise
> Installation v9.  It is an AXP ade connecting to SQL2K.

> The references that appear in the references box are -
> vbe6.dll, msacc.olb, stdole2.tlb, msado25.tlb, dao360.dll, excel.exe.
>
> We have tried registering the files using regsvr.exe but this hasn't
> helped.
>
> Can anyone please provide any things we can try?

I'd guess that it's the Excel reference that is killing the
installation.

You are developing on OXP, so you end up with a reference to Excel
XP. Then when you install your ADE on a box with O2K, there is no
Excel XP to reference.

About the only way to get around that that I can think of is to
change your code to use late binding for the Excel routines and
unreference (dereference??) Excel.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never
cease to be amused.