[AccessD] Using blat

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Thu May 22 04:44:32 CDT 2003

On 21 May 2003 at 22:05, Francisco Tapia wrote:

> I have something I can send to you... but blat is not a DLL but a self
> contained SMTP application.  You do NOT need to install it in order to
> get it to work, it just makes life easier :)
>
> I will wrap up a sample tomorrow.. right now it's still wrapped up in
> our application :)

There is a sample like this on DBA's website in the downloads
section.

MailDB.zip - This is a demo of simple outgoing email without using
MAPI. The code connects directly to the smtp server using sockets.
The code can be used to send to multiple recipients with multiple
attachments and can be used for bulk mailing. A simple form is
included to demonstrate the code usage. - David Phelan

Whch can be found at: http://www.databaseadvisors.com/downloads.htm

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never
cease to be amused.