[AccessD] MSDN cds online

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 29 17:29:52 CDT 2003

By my calculations - 44 hours / disc.  Assuming that your ISP doesn't hang
up on you of course.  Dial up ISPs have a nasty habit of doing that.

In fact back when I was afflicted by the dial-up disease, I started setting
my email client to request email every 10 minutes so that they wouldn't hang
up on me.  They set the "no activity then hang-up" time to 6 minutes.  I set
my email client get email every 5 minutes.  They set the timeout to 4
minutes.  I set my email client to get email every 3 minutes.  They gave up
and I stayed connected 24/7.

I don't miss dialup, but I still get the email every 3 minutes.  I just got
used to it.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com