[AccessD] MS InfoPath and OneNote

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Nov 3 06:22:09 CST 2003

Hi all

Anyone familiar with these new products and if they somehow relate to
Access?

I've tried to browse some brochures but they are so hyped that it is
just plain impossible to figure out wether these apps are fancy toys
which will bring any machine to a crawl or if they could be useful
tools in cooperation with Access and database applications.

And how are the programmed if you wish to create custom build apps?
I've located this link to a SDK related to InfoPath:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=351f0616-93aa-4fe8-9238-d702f1bfbab4&displaylang=en

but it looks like you need to take a deep breath and have a weekend
set aside.

Also, how much are they relying on specific MS server software like
SharePoint or Exchange or pure MS environments or Office 2003 only? If
so, the usefulness is very limited as our clients use a variety of
systems.

/gustav