[AccessD] Connecting To Excel via Code (module)

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Mon Nov 3 09:17:46 CST 2003

To all,
We are operating Office XP Professional and I have started to write a little scheduling application.  Every so often we will have an Excel Workbook containing three spreadsheets, what I need to be able to do is link into the Workbook to bring a certain clients data in from the second sheet.
The fields in the workbook are as follows:
StoreNo, HolidayWeek, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat
StoreNo contain the store number and if there is a certain week that we cannot go to the store the week commencing date wil be entered under HolidayWeek.  If there is a certain day or multiple days that we cannot go to the store, the individual dates will be stored under the day of the week.
Now I have a tbale with the following fields :
StoreNo, BlackoutWeek, BlackoutDay
I need to link into Excel and bring the data in from the Excel spreadsheet into the table above.
So I may end up with
StoreNo            BlackoutWeek             BlackoutDay
1                                                              27/01/04
1                                                              28/01/04
1                          04/01/04
etc, has anyone any sample code on how to link into the Excel spreadsheet an retrieve the data.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Paul Hartland