[AccessD] OT: registry backup

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Nov 10 12:46:08 CST 2003

Does anyone know if the registry is backed up automatically by Windows?  Can
it be?

I had a power failure this morning.  I have a UPS for each computer,
connected by serial port and they reported that they were shutting down
correctly, however when I came back up my main dev machine is pretty badly
mangled.  Had to go into safe mode and get rid of some of the start up stuff
to even get loaded, now just strange things - Access asks me if I want to
register my copy, the desktop is totally re-arranged, MS Messenger looks
different, Norton utilities won't run at all, Norton defrag says it's in a
bizarre location etc.

Sounds like a registry problem to me.

So... is there a backup somewhere?  If not, why not?

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com