[AccessD] A2K: Error 3356

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 06:40:10 CST 2003

Dear Group,

One of my applications is causing a fairly consistent error:

"You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Admin' on machine XXXX. Try again when the database is available."

The user on machine XXXX doesn't open the database exclusively. I've checked her Access settings under Tools | Options | Advanced. The Default Open Mode is Shared, not Exclusive.

Could you help me with this one?

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.