[AccessD] RE: SQL trusted connection problem - solution

Phil Jewett pjewett at bayplace.com
Thu Nov 13 12:16:14 CST 2003

All:
Solution was provided by Jim Lawrence, which is to add the following
register key to the client XP if not already present:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLSERVER\Client\ConnectTo]"MyS
erve
r"="DBNMPNTW,MyServer"

I don't think I made it obvious from my initial post that the problem of
the connection attempting a trusted connection occurs only on Windows XP
boxes - the mdb works fine on 98 and 2000.

FYI, the SQL Server is set up as mixed mode and the connection is done
through a connection string, it being:

"ODBC;DRIVER={SQL
Server};SERVER=pluto;UID=cds;PWD=xxxxx;DATABASE=Coupons;"

and relinking the tables through the usual table loop:
DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC Database", myODBCConnectionString,
acTable, rs(0), rs(0)

By the way, my original post was double posted because I got a reply
from postman at magicialdesk.com (whoever that is!) saying the mail was
undeliverable because the mailbox was full.  So I reposted a little
while later.  But it turned out that the initial post went through
anyway.

Thanks to all.

Phil Jewett