[AccessD] Terminal Server and Access XP

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Nov 19 13:58:39 CST 2003

Dear Group,

I'm helping another Access developer in my area upgrade an app to Access XP Runtime that will run in a Terminal Server environment. I'm supposed to help with the installation and testing of this configuration, too.

One of the things I'm not clear on is this: does Runtime have to be installed once for every user on the Terminal Server? It seems to me that TS is based on Citrix, and as far as I know, a Citrix server parcelled out disk and RAM to each user; and each user had a copy of Word, Excel, etc., installed on his/her drive.

Is this correct or am I way off base?

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.