[AccessD] Re: Problem Shutting Down Access

Paula Wright paulawright at boddienoell.com
Fri Nov 21 12:16:39 CST 2003

I posted a question about a week ago where I was having a problem shutting
down Access after calling a Crystal Report.  Actually what I found was
happening was that Access was shutting down and the re-opening.  In case
anyone has a problem with this in the future, here is the solution to the
problem I was having.

Crystal Reports based on Access queries creates an indirect connection.  Some
of my reports were based on tables.  Once I created queries based on the
tables and linked the reports to them, my problem was resolved.  Just a note:
I couldn't find an easy way to replace all the table names referenced in
every field on the report, so I simply changed the names of my tables and
used Rick Fisher's Find and Replace Add-In to change all references to the
tables.  Then I used the old names of the tables on the queries.