[AccessD] Same report 2 different summary cases

Nancy J Lytle lytlenj at juno.com
Thu Nov 27 10:45:17 CST 2003

I have a report that is driving me crazy and I know it is something easy
I am just not getting.

The report is a summary of purchase requests that have been processed.
The information is summarized by FY; ProgramCode; Category and
TransactionCode.
Each programCode has up to 3 categories and  many transactioncodes.  Each
transactioncode in a category in a program can have more than one
purchase request.

The problem is in summarizing when there is more than one purchase order
within a single transactioncode within a single category within a
programcode within a single year.

FY 1
    Program 1
        Category 1
            Transaction 1 - each trans has initial funding plus changes
in funding that equal the current authorization
                Purchase Request1
                Purchase Request2

            Transaction 2
                PurchaseRequest3

Category Summary:   CurrentAuthorization: Initial Authorization +
Changes. The problem is that if the Transaction has more than one PR it
adds a Current Authorization amount for each PR there is, which means in
this case the Current Authorization would be twice what it should be.

Program 2
        Category 1
            Transaction 1
                Purchase Request1

            Transaction 2
                PurchaseRequest1

Sum for Category - this is the problem area, I can get it work or either
multiple PR's per Transaction or  one PR per Transaction but not for both
situations.

Actually I am doing sums for Transaction, Category and Program, but it is
only the Category one I am having problems with at this point

I would like to use something like the below code as the Control Source
for the Category Summary to account for the two different situations but
can't seem to get it to work, the error message says missing operator:

IIf((Count(qryCSPEL_rptELTEST.PR_PANumber) AS CountOfPR_PANumber FROM
qryCSPEL_rptELTEST GROUP BY qryCSPEL_rptELTEST.Transaction,
qryCSPEL_rptELTEST.Category, qryCSPEL_rptELTEST.ProgramCode) =1),
[CurrentAuth],Sum([CurrentAuth]))

Any ideas about the code or how else I could approach the problem

TIA,
Nancy