[AccessD] Weakest Link

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Nov 2 07:53:42 CST 2003

I have a client running about 25 Access FEs against an MDB BE.  He has a
single server, and of course must use a single server at least for the BE if
we don't get into replication.  The server is Windows NT, not even 2K.  He
just expanded into another wing of the building they rent and are going to
move one unit of the business (and database) into that wing.  Can he run
multiple NICS in Windows NT?  That would allow him to put a switch (or
router) on what would essentially be two different LANs.  They don't really
have any inter workstation traffic so this would probably work if NT can
deal with more than one NIC.  I know that they have (or had) bandwidth
issues because when they replaced a hub with a switch awhile back the
performance of the db improved.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com