[AccessD] ACC97 - Repair and Compact

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Sun Nov 2 11:00:44 CST 2003

I had a similar requirement but needed to be sure that the program kept
running within the same original job. I solved it with another mdb. The
other one has a table where I put information on what to do from the main
program. So when I closed the main one and started the other one, the other
one compacted and repaired the back end. As the back end will sometimes be
on another server for me, I used (the free) PsExec from www.sysinternals.com
to start a batch file there.

Fred Hooper