[AccessD] OT: Wireless network (sort of)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Mon Nov 3 10:58:50 CST 2003

Read Erwins post a little while ago, was waiting for your's before I
replied! <grin>

Erwin, switches also use NAT tables.  Because of this, they don't have to
broadcast everything in all directions.  They're 'smart', when a packet
comes in, they can properly direct it.  The downside to the NAT tables is
that if you blow the NAT table away, it has to be rebuilt, so sometimes on
an initial powerup, a switch may seem slower, which is simply the time it is
using to build the NAT tables.

Drew