[AccessD] Open Word Document

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 5 17:19:00 CST 2003

On 5 Nov 2003 at 15:09, Hollis,Virginia wrote:

> Perfect, thanks.

You're welcome.

> When you open a document in Word is there anyway to prevent it from
> asking if you want to save changes? Why does it show the Save message
> when no changes have been made - only opened the document? I have

Does the doc have any fields in it? Like a date field, a page number
field...?

If so, chances are that the fields are updated when you open the doc,
which is a change, even if the fields aren't changed. I know it's
bizare. And that is triggering the save prompt.

> noticed Excel does the same thing, always wanting to save changes.

Probably the same reason.

If you are closing the doc using code, then use what Andy posted. If
the user is just closing Word, or the doc manually, then no. Or at
least, not without getting rid of the fields.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Only the mediocre are at their best all the time.