[AccessD] OT: Corrupted database

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 5 21:32:13 CST 2003

Hi John and Stuart:

Not trying to re-kindle the bound/unbound debate but as most of my contracts
are with the local provincial government and they have a specific rule. All
databases with greater than ten users must be build on SQL technology. That
technology extends to Oracle and sometime MS SQL and unbound forms.
Therefore, I have little opportunity experiment with Access environments
with a large user base. The closest I came to a significant bound Access
database was a private client with just under twenty users but they moved
their server to Linux and subsequently a MySQL BE.

Maybe all these concerns with larger Access bound form applications, are
part of a local urban legend, or Database companies and DBAs who wish to
promote the myth to their own end but I for one have not had great memories
with a couple of applications. Once burned...twice shy.

My two cents worth
Jim