[AccessD] Passive shutdown.... Driving me mad

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Thu Nov 6 14:19:05 CST 2003

Hi all...

I have a database (Access XP 2002 format) on widows XP, data in a
separate backend etc. When I try to connect to the front-end (generating
reports using ADO in Excel from temp data stored in the FE) I get the
following message:

"The database has been placed in a state by user on machine
that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error 3734)
This error occurs when the new passive shutdown/connection control is
being
used. This error message indicates that a user set the database in a
mode
that will prevent other users from opening it."

I have looked in the help and searched the archives and can't figure it
out. The backends access, not SQL Server, I'm the only user (at present)
and I haven't opened the database exclusively or messed with this
"damned" connection control...

Any one out there know whats going on? (apart from me climbing the walls
that is)

Cheers

Mark

---