[AccessD] Export Access Report to Word

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Nov 7 18:30:44 CST 2003

On 7 Nov 2003 at 12:21, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote about Print To Picture::

> Gustav:
>
> That worked great!  The PCX output goes right into WORD
> Insert-->Picture-->From File.  I didn't see where to set the resolution but
> the image prints great after being imported into WORD.  So I'm happy.  Very
> happy.

Yes, looks like a really useful tool. Thanks for the link Gustav.

In W2K I found the resolution adjustment in the Printer properties -
Advanced - Printing Defaults - Advanced .

There you can set the paper size, resolution( 50 x 50 up to 600 x
600) and halftoning.

Incidentally, a single page Word document printed at 300 x 300  to
the various file types gave the following file sizes:

BMP  962KB
PCX 271KB
PNG 62KB

However, creating a Word document and embedding the graphic in it did
quite a good job of compressing the BMP.

Doc with PNG in it 82KB
Doc with BMP in it 85KB.

--
Lexacorp Ltd