[AccessD] A2K - setting a form invisible on open

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sun Nov 9 08:39:53 CST 2003

John,

I also manage control formatting on forms based on user authorities, which
come from a table.  These authorities also determine who is authorized to
open a form, and the authorities are changed from time to time by a manager
at the company.

A wild thought - Could your form have a timer event with a check on the
user's authorities?  If they are not authorized, then the form's visible
property could be reset to me.visible = false.  I guess you'd have to use
some fraction of a second as the timer frequency.  Maybe if a non-authorized
user viewing a form is an infrequent event this could work.  I guess if the
event could use local information this might be useful.  But if this is off
the wall, just sweep it up!

Best of Luck,
Dan Waters