[AccessD] Would you believe

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Nov 11 09:48:15 CST 2003

JC
Sucks, doesn't it?

A right click on "My Documents" in W2k will let you move it with hacking.
Then move the main .pst file to that location, open Outlook, it will ask
where it went, browse to locate it and as Jerry Pournelle would say: "Bob's
your uncle". You might also want to move all of your other Outlook settings
files there. If you have any other .pst files it is best to close them in
Outlook, move them and then reopen them from there.

I like the idea of "My Documents" being a place where all of my personal
stuff goes, makes backups nice and easy. Back when I was a SysAdmin I used
to do the same thing for all the users. I couldn't of course make eveything
know about my special folder but you'd think MS would. It would be nice if
everything just referred to the registry setting and worked without a bunch
of dinking around so when I moved it to some comprehensible file path that I
didn't have to spend an hour adjusting everything! I'll admit its gotten
better since its inception, but it has a ways to go yet.

HTH
JB