[AccessD] POLL: Access Security

Kath Pelletti SDSSoftware at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 12 19:50:57 CST 2003

No - I have (years ago) trained advanced users in Access security over and over again, so the basics had to become second knowledge to me.

I was asked by a client when writing a large-ish system to specifically use security so I did that. I have helped clients who have secured databases with setting up shortcuts to specifically call their mdw files, as they often have several mdb's secured and several mdw's. I have helped clients who have corrupted their system mdw's restore them back etc etc.

So it may take me some basic revision now that I do not use it (my choice and totally my preference) but not much.

Kath