[AccessD]

connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au
Mon Nov 17 21:56:36 CST 2003

"SELECT " & strNewEventName & " AS fldName, tblEvent." & _

Connie Kamrowski

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Agriculture
Orange

Ph: 02 6391 3250
Fax:02 6391 3290

"John Bartow" <john at winhaven.net>
Sent by: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
18/11/2003 02:41 PM
Please respond to Access Developers discussion and problem solving

        To:     "AccessD" <AccessD at databaseadvisors.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        [AccessD]

I need someone to unlock my brainjam!

"strNewEventName" is a string variable I need to insert in this statement
and after a half an hour I can't seem to get the syntax correct.

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tblEvent ( fldName, " & _
            "fldEvTypeID, fldOccur, fldLocation, " & _
            "fldDesc, fldDeptID, fldRecorded, " & _
            "fldStaffID ) " & _
            "SELECT strNewEventName AS fldName, tblEvent." & _
            "fldEvTypeID, tblEvent.fldOccur, tblEvent." & _
            "fldLocation, tblEvent.fldDesc, tblEvent." & _
            "fldDeptID, tblEvent.fldRecorded, " & _
            "tblEvent.fldStaffID " & _
            "FROM tblEvent;"

TIA