[AccessD] Excel Question

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Nov 18 07:51:46 CST 2003

Hi Borge,

I ran into this when I was trying to automatically create a chart that
would interpolate the values of an empty cell, rather than draw a sharp
sawtooth.  Here's what I found:  if the function is evaluating the cell
numerically, it sees an enpty cell as having the value of zero.  What I
ended up using was the following

    'Copy only non-zero data from "onReadings" to "chartOnRead"
    Range("onReadings").Select
    ActiveCell.Select
    For x = 1 To Range("valToLookup").Count
        If ActiveCell.Value <> "" Then
            Selection.Copy
            Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            ActiveCell.Offset(1, -4).Range("A1").Select
        Else: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
        End If
     Next x
     Application.CutCopyMode = False

The significant line is - If ActiveCell.Value <> "" Then

HTH

Tina